Web designer, front-end web developer and visual designer with over 18 years professional experience with design concepts for both print and web design for a broad range of startups and small business clients. Provide custom designed mobile friendly business websites that are aesthetically pleasing, informative and easy to navigate.
- WordPress website design & development
- SEO optimization and management
- Graphic design
- Layout design
- Video production
- Social media management
- Custom social media pages
- Logo design & branding
- Develops productive relationships that increase exposure and bring in new clients.
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Background in marketing, understands the importance and concept of identifying, evaluating and appealing to a target market
- Experience in graphic design and advertising, well versed in web design and print advertising
- Always sees tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Substantial sales management experience
Graphic and Web Design – In house and freelance graphic and web designer who has created everything from logos to websites through advanced skills in Xara, Illustrator and other graphic software for various clients.
Advertising – Created media campaigns, both print and digital using coding and graphic design skills, utilizing self-created web sites, email, social media, print ads, brochures, snail mail, and hand outs that have resulted in increased revenue.
Web Designer/Front-End Developer – June 2001 – Present – Web Design by Ken – Clarksville, TN
Clarksville creative design agency serving Clarksville, Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood, all of Middle Tennessee and surrounding areas. Web design studio specializing in website design and development, logo design; brand identity design and print design.
Managing Partner – July 2001 – September 2011 – Carlton Group Insurance Services – Springfield, TN
- Partnership contract negotiation, business process design and advertising direction
- Planned and prepared advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products and services.
- Developed new marketing strategies to bring new clients to the agency.
- Designed various advertising, print and web design projects.
- Recruited, hired and trained new insurance agents.
Insurance Agent/Sales Manager – May 1993 – June 2001 American General Life & Accident – Clarksville, TN
- Responsible for reviewing client contracts and policies, completing all applications and paperwork from start to finish.
- Prospected existing clients for additional lines and referral sources
- Developed team building and motivational strategies to encourage team in achieving goals
- Trained new staff and developed efficient office procedures.
U. S. Air Force Security Service – July 1966 – October 1972 – Honorably discharged with over six years active duty service, including a tour of duty in the Mekong River valley in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War. Earned highest marks on all performance evaluations. Recognized for mentoring and developing active duty leaders.