Attorney website design, just like a good lawyer, must provide education so people can make informed decisions. You will probably hear conflicting opinions as to whether or not an attorney needs a business website. My response to the question – “Do attorneys need business websites”? is “Why not?”
Very good reasons why attorney website design is important to those practicing law
- A professionally optimized website will improve your firm’s visibility and make you more reachable.
- By providing the right kind of web content, you can build trust in your skills and also build credibility among your clients and your peers.
- Lawyers must market their services just like any other business. A professionally designed business website acts as an ideal marketing tool.
- An attorney website can provide all the information your clients and potential clients need about your credentials, experience and knowledge.
- An attorney website with an active blog is an excellent source of information about your law firm and the law.
- A professionally designed attorney website is a great way to enhance your reputation and bring clients in.
Attorney website design must include 3 critical elements
A major goal of your lawyer website is to make it easy for potential clients to contact you. This means that your phone number, email address, and physical street address should all be easy to find. Your office phone number should be at the top of every page.
Attorney bio page
One of the most visited pages of your attorney website will be the “About” or “Bio” page. This is your only chance to make a good first impression, so include a professional photo and put some effort into the page’s content. Remember, potential clients want to meet you before they contact you.
Home page that lets visitors know they’re at the right place
Many potential clients will find your attorney website because someone told them that you could help them. Others will find your website by simply searching Google. The number one question on their minds will be – “Can this attorney actually help me?”
Your attorney website design must focus on your potential clients, not you. Instead of trying to sell yourself, start by helping website visitors to figure out if your law firm is the right one for them. Sum up who your legal services help in one clear sentence, and make it the first sentence on the front page of your attorney website.
In the event your law firm is large enough to provide legal services to a variety of client profiles, your attorney website design should include a page for each type client, with a link from the home page that helps guide potential clients to the right place.
Are you ready to get started?
If you need help in website redesign or want to launch a new Tennessee business website, check out the latest website design tricks and trends going on in social media:
Clarksville creative design agency serving Clarksville, Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood, all of Middle Tennessee and surrounding areas. Design jobs from other cities around the U. S. are also welcome. This web design studio specializes in website design/development, logo & brand identity design and print design.